Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 0

I haven't yet finished reading the chapter on day one, but I still wanted to participate in the challenge Mami put forth to start being 'cute' instead of 'pooped' and decided to take it one step further by finding other ways to bless my husband throughout the day.

Most days I'm busy with the kids from sunup to sundown and I'm lucky if I can grab a quick shower, but today I decided to make myself a priority! The time is there if you're determined. I had Leah in the bathroom with me reading books while I showered and primped and Bug in his swing napping. Leah had a blast helping Mommy!

So, instead of the tired spit uppy T-Shirt and shorts, I transformed into a woman with polished hair and make-up! I even felt better about myself, this is a trend that's going to continue! When my sweet hubby saw me he didn't say anything but the grin on his face was worth 1,000 words!

Before:

After:


Aside from transforming myself I decided that I needed to find another area of dear hubby's life that I could change in order to bless him. He's just started going back to class online, and is taking a very heavy load with 4 classes in an 8 week period. He needs somewhere quiet and organized to work on school away from kiddos. While I'm a good housekeeper the area in our office has completely gotten away from me, I"m embarrassed to post the photos, but I promised I would hold myself accountable. I cleaned and organized the desk and office, including shredding 2 garbage bags full of papers and cleaning out / organizing the desk. Whew!

Before:

And After!

Ironically enough I heard Dave Ramsey quoting the following scripture passage today while listening to an old podcast of his. I'm am going to focus on becoming the virtuous wife God wants me to be, and that my husband deserves. I know the blessings will come back to me a hundred fold and I can't wait to tell my story!


Proverbs 31: 10-11 says:
      10 Who can find a virtuous wife?
      For her worth is far above rubies.
       11 The heart of her husband safely trusts her;
      So he will have no lack of gain.

1 comment:

  1. This is great!!! I too was looking for other ways to bless my hubby today! I'm excited about the challenge...and plan to keep it up! It does feel good! Congrats to you...you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete